You are browsing a tutorial guide for the latest Octoparse version. If you are running an older version of Octoparse, we strongly recommend you upgrade because it is faster, easier and more robust! Download and upgrade here if you haven't already done so!
The extraction speed of a crawler is affected by the speed of page loading. If many unexpected ads appear on the web page, such as banners and pop-ups, the page will load slowly and waste your time. Ad blocking can reduce your page requests and thus optimize the loading time.
So, how can we block ads in Octoparse? Let's follow this tutorial for two solutions that can handle this issue.
Solution 1: Block the ads in the workflow
- Click Go to Web Page > Option
- Tick Block pop-up (Ads possibly)
- Click Apply to save the change
Solution 2: Block the ads in the task setting
- Click at the top right corner of Octoparse interface
- Tick Block Ads
- Click Save
1. Using the Ad blocking technique may change the structure of some web pages. If so, please adjust the XPath to re-locate the elements.
2. Using Ad blocking may cause page loading issues. If you find page loads improperly, for example, the page cannot be loaded at all, please do not select Ad blocking.
If you have further issues with the task or have a suggestion that would make this a better resource for you, we’d love to hear about it. Submit a request here.