Welcome to the new data journey with Octoparse! Octoparse is a powerful scraping tool that works on both Windows and Mac. In this article, we will show you how to download, install, and log in to Octoparse on different operating systems and how to troubleshoot issues that occurred during the installation process.
Does Octoparse have an online version?
Octoparse does not have an online version at the moment, so installation is required.
Download for Windows
1. System Requirements
- For Windows XP or 32-bit operating systems, please download Octoparse 7.3.0.
- If you have no idea about whether your system is 64-bit or 32-bit? Please look for "This PC", right-click on it, then choose "Properties" to check (or use this path: Control Panel\System and Security\System).
2. Download & Install
Then, follow the steps below to install Octoparse on your PC.
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Double click "Octoparse Setup 8.4.2.exe" to start the installation
- Once the installation is complete, click the Octoparse icon to run the application
- Log in with your account information (username/email, password). If you do not have an existing account, you can sign up for a free one.
Download for Mac
1. System Requirements
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher version(x64)
How do I check the system information?
Click , choose "About This Mac " and you will see the system info:
2. Download and install
To install Octoparse, please follow the steps below:
1. Double click the Octoparse-8.4.2 dmg file
2. Waiting for the system to complete verifying the file
3. Drag Octoparse. app to the "Application" file to complete the installation
4. Find Octoparse. app in the Application and double click it to launch
5. Click "Open" on the pop-up
6. Login with your username and password.
Sign up for Octoparse
Once you've downloaded Octoparse, click on "Sign up for FREE" to visit the Octoparse sign-up page.
Alternatively, you can also visit our website www.octoparse.com to sign up for a Free Account or get a 14-day Free Trial to experience premium features such as 10x speed extraction, cloud extraction, task scheduling, task templates, etc.
Troubleshooting Installation Issues
If you've run into any issues when installing Octoparse (especially when installing it on your Mac), please check this tutorial: Troubleshoot Installation Issues or reach out to the Octoparse support.
>> Next: To get onboarded with Octoparse, check out the series of Introductory Lessons for version 8.4.