Zapier is a tool that helps you integrate workflows between different apps — no code necessary. When an event happens in one app, Zapier will be triggered to tell another app to perform a particular action, according to the Zap you've created. In this tutorial, you will learn how to get notifed for data export by connecting Octoparse to Slack via Zapier.
Take the fast lane by using this Octoparse X Slack template:
To create a new Zap, click on "Create Zap" on your Zapier account page:
Step 1. Setup the Trigger
- Choose Octoparse as the trigger app and select New Document Processed as the Trigger Event. We also recommend you rename your Zap at this stage in the left top corner.
- Choose or connect your Octoparse account to Zapier.
- Select your target Octoparse task by choosing the corresponding group in Octoparse or search by Task ID, then select your ideal Task Status (multiple choices are available)
- By clicking continue, Zapier will allow you to Test trigger.
- If the test result is We found a task! with a CSV file, you can proceed to step 2.
- if the test result is We found a task! with null as the file, it means there's no Cloud data available for the selected Octoparse task. In this case, please go back to Octoparse to run the task in the cloud first then test the trigger again when data's extracted for the task.
Step 2. Setup the Action
- Choose Slack as the action app and for Action Event. Choose Send Channel or Direct Message for Action Event.
- Select or connect your Slack account to Zapier.
- Follow the Set up action to choose your target channel/ Message Text etc. You can also schedule the message to be posted in the future under Schedule At
- By clicking continue, you will be able to Test & Review the entire Zap. If you are satisifed with the result then you are all set to turn on the Zap!
Click here to explore more use cases with Zapier and Octoparse.