What's the original URL Octoparse adds as a field?
For this function, Octoparse adds the original URL you input to Octoparse to start the task.
- Single URL. If you start the task with one single URL, you will get the URL that you put in the Go to Web Page action
- URL lists in the loop item. If you are extracting data from a URL list, you will get the URL list you input in the Loop URLs by using Original Input URL
How to add the original URL?
Let's take this link as an example: https://www.yachtall.com/en/fwd/go-to-builder?id=75&js=1
Open this link in your browser and you will notice that the URL is redirected to another one: https://en.azimutyachts.com/
1. Input your URL(s) in Octoparse to start a task
2. Go to the Data Preview section
Click Add Custom Field button , then choose Original input URL
- Get the original URL(s) that you input
You will see a field named Original_URL created as a field and the value of it is https://www.yachtall.com/en/fwd/go-to-builder?id=75&js=1 not https://en.azimutyachts.com/
If you need any help with task configuration or data collection, submit a ticket to our support team! We'll get back to you soon.