The latest version introduces the function of downloading files and pictures to local devices so that we can directly open the files and pictures from local folders. Document downloads in jpg, png, gif, doc, pdf, ppt, txt, xls, and zip formats are currently supported.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to download files and images with Octoparse. Please note that file downloads can only be used in local runs currently.
Sample URL for the downloaded file settings: https://www.cclcomponents.com/fronius-gen24-plus-primo-3kw-hybrid-inverter
The sample URL for the downloaded image settings is: https://www.rappi.com.mx/tiendas/tipo/market
1. Download Files
- Click on one of the Download buttons - Choose one document you want to download and the selected element will turn green, similar elements will turn red
- Click on Select All from the Tips box - All documents will be identified and selected to turn green
- Click Extract document URLs and download linked files - To extract the links as well as download the files to local folders
The data field will look like the one below, you can click the ... icon in the upper right corner to modify the data fields.
- Name downloaded files: There are 4 ways to name the downloaded files. You can see the options on the Tips.
- MD5 Hash Value: Use the MD5 value to name the files
- Original File Name: Default original file name
- Download Complete Time: Use complete download time to name the files
- Data Field Value: Use the data field value to name the files
If the file name already exists in the folder, there are also three ways to deal with the situation.
- Skip the new file: Skip the current downloaded file
- Replace the existing file: Replace the existing file with the newly downloaded file
- Rename the new file: Rename the new file with a (1) at the end of the file name
2. Download Images
Downloading images to local folders shares the same logic as the downloaded files.
- Click on one image - Choose one image
- Click on Select All from the Tips box - Select all images
- Click Extract image URLs and download linked files - To extract the links as well as download the images to local folders
3. Download Settings
3.1 Download file settings
- Click the arrow icon in front of the data field
- You can rename the downloaded files, separate multiple URLs and input URLs to skip the download files here
3.2 Download Location settings
- Click on the task settings icon in the upper right corner of the task settings screen - To open the settings panel
- Click the Browse button - Choose a local folder for the downloaded files and images
- Choose one mode for the When a local run starts settings
- Click Save - Save all the modifications