Octoparse is a powerful scraping tool working on both Windows and Mac. In this article, we will show you how to download, install, and log in to Octoparse on a Mac and solutions on some installation issues.
(If you are using a Windows-based machine, please check here.)
Download Octoparse 8.1
1. System Requirements
macOS Yosemite 10.10 to macOS Catalina 10.15.7(x64)
Our current version is not fully compatible with macOS Big Sur 11 or above. If after installation, you can log-in to the app then it is compatible with your device. This issue is expected to fully resolve in the next update.
How to check the system information?
Click , choose "About This Mac " and you will see the system info:
Install Octoparse 8.1
Please follow the steps below to install Octoparse:
1. Double click the Octoparse-8.1.14.dmg file
2. Wait for the system to complete verifying the file
3. Drag Octoparse.app to the "Application" file to complete installation
4. Find Octoparse.app in Application and double click it to launch
5. Click "Open" on the pop-up
6. Log in with your username and password. If you do not have an existing account, you can sign up for a free one.
Sign up for an account
Once you've downloaded and opened Octoparse, click on "Sign up for FREE" to visit the Octoparse sign up page.
Alternatively, you can also visit our website www.octoparse.com to sign up for a Free Account or get a 14-day Free Trial to try out premium features such as 10x speed extraction, cloud extraction, task scheduling, task templates and more.
You might have the following issues when trying to install Octoparse on your device.
1. "Octoparse 8.1.14.dmg" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
2. "Octoparse 8.1.14.dmg" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
- Go to "System Preferences" and open "Security & Privacy"
- Choose "General" and click "Open Anyway" to install Octoparse.
What if there is no "Open Anyway" option?
- Open the "Terminal"
You can go to the "Finder" to search for "Terminal".
Or, click the icon of the "Terminal" on the sidebar directly.
- Input sudo spctl --master-disable and press Enter on your keyboard
- Input the password of your Mac and press Enter again
- Go to the "Security & Privacy", and select "Anywhere"
- Install Octoparse again
To get onboarded with Octoparse, check out the new series of Introductory Lessons for version 8.1.
Artículo en español: Descarga, Instalación & Inicio de Sesión (Mac)
También puede leer artículos de web scraping en el sitio web oficial.