Sometimes the data we want to scrape are displayed in a pop-up after clicking a button, and most of the time, these pop-ups are loading with AJAX. Unliking opening a new tab, we'll need to set up the step to close the pop-up in the workflow. To help you understand it more clearly, here we'll use this URL to walk you through the process of scraping a pop-up:
- Input the page URL
- Click on "Impressum" on the webpage
- Choose to "Click element" on the Tips panel to display the pop-up
And you'll see a "Click Item" action is generated in the workflow automatically.
- Select proper AJAX timeout for the "Click Item"
- Select the data we want to scrape from the pop-up one by one
- Click on the "x" icon, choose "Click URL" on the Tips panel and also set up the AJAX
If you need any help with task configuration or data collection, submit a ticket to our support team! We'll get back to you soon.
Tutorial en español: Extraer datos de una ventana emergente
También puedes leer más tutoriales de web scraping en sitio web oficial