Octoparse offers some predefined data fields that are really useful and convenient for users. You can also add a fixed value to your task.
Where to add the predefined data fields?
1. The step of "Extract Data"
1) Double-click the step of "Extract Data" to open the action settings
2) Click the icon to add data field(s)
2. Data Preview
Under the panel of "Data Preview", you can also add data field(s) you need.
Click the icon to see the dropdown options.
What predefined data fields can I add?
There are four kinds of data fields you can add:
1. Add the current date & time
This data field means the extraction time of the data line scraped. For example, if you have a scheduled task that runs every day, and you would like to know the date on which the data lines are scraped, you can simply add this field.
1. You can reformat the date with Reformat extracted date/time to change the format of the current time field.
2. Adding the current time in Cloud extraction can help to keep all the duplicates: Can I keep the duplicates extracted in Cloud?
3. The time in Cloud extraction is based on UTC time.
2. Add a fixed value
This option allows you to create a fixed value for every data line.
1) Choose "Fixed value" from the menu
2) Enter the field name or choose from the "Popular fields", then enter the fixed value you want to add
If you need to add a blank field, just leave the "Enter Text" box empty.
3. Add "Page-level data"
You can check the details at Scrape page-level data (meta data, page URL, page title, source code)
4. Capture data on the page
This option will guide you to capture other elements you want to capture on the screen.
If you have questions, you are welcome to submit a request here. Our support team will get back to you later.