Welcome to the Octoparse Community! This is a place where you’ll find a vibrant community of web data scraping from around the world. The mission of this community is for everyone to share Octorparse knowledge and other web scraping techniques.
The community is made up of Octoparse users and employees and serves as your go-to destination for Octoparse product know-how, peer-to-peer support and thought leadership on best practices. We also ideate with customers directly on how to improve and extend the product platform.
Octoparse Community Brief House Rules
- Respect all community users.
We all want to share positive and useful experiences in the community, so please be polite and considerate in your interactions with other members. Respect the time and attention it takes to post well thought out questions and answers. All opinions are welcome, but personal insults and harassment have no place in the community.
- Content needs to be relevant.
The community is intended to provide a place for all Octoparse users to seek and receive help from other community members, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic board and thread. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation.
- Some fragrance always lingers in the hand that gives roses
Help make the Octoparse Community a richer place by sharing your Octoparse task building or troubleshooting skills. You may have just the right answer that somebody else is looking for, so delight them by adding your insight to the conversation. Next time when you encounter an unknown problem, others will help you back.
- Be responsible for your interactions.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other community users. Please practice common sense and use good judgment when posting and/or interacting with others. Do not post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party.
- Protect everyone’s privacy.
Don’t share anything about yourself, your business or that of any other community member that you/they would not want to be publically available. Do not post personal information that you receive in one-to-one communications and private messages without the other party’s consent.
- Keep in mind, this is user-generated content.
You’ll find plenty of good advice, instruction, and insight here but remember that you and your company’s situation, configuration and/or implementation may vary from that of another community member. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Avoid inappropriate content
This is a platform for discussing web scraping techniques and data analysis. Don’t share anything comments or websites about religion, sexual content, nudity, violence, gambling, politics, illegal activity, spam, scams, terrorism, and unauthorized advertising content. Besides, any harassment or hateful conduct is prohibited, including discrimination, hate speech, bullying, or targeted attacks.
We reserve the right to immediately delete any posts that do not conform to our community guidelines, without warning. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend or bar a user who violates these guidelines.
Flagging inappropriate content for review
Things are permitted and prohibited in the community
Here are some things to remember in the community:
Be respectful, friendly, and sincere
- Use appropriate tone and language - be nice, don't use foul or inappropriate language
- Encourage others, especially new users
- Share what you know
- Ask for help and help others
- Provide constructive, helpful answers and feedback
- Give enough detail, including screenshots and links if needed
- Read through the “how to post” directions and follow them
- Relax and have fun!
Here are some things we do not permit in the community:
- Do not post or link to information that is deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, harassing or hateful;
- Do not post or link to offensive or inappropriate content or content intended to be inflammatory;
- Do not post or link to content that promotes or encourages illegal activities, sexual services or products, or pornography;
- Do not post or link to viruses, bots, worms, trojan horses or other malicious software, or utilize the community to post, link to, generate, distribute or promote any kind of spam;
- Do not post or link to content that violates anyone’s intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent, trademark, publicity, moral and other property or proprietary rights) or which you do not have the right to post or link to. You may link to other community content or publicly available Octoparse documentation if appropriately attributed and relevant.
- Do not post or link to content that violates any person’s privacy rights;
- Do not post or link to confidential information of Octoparse, its partners, affiliates or vendors or any third party;
- Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity or affiliation or falsely imply any association or sponsorship by Octoparse;
- Do not solicit community members for any commercial purpose unless Octoparse has approved your promotion requests. Do not solicit community members to interact with you outside of the community to obtain support.
- Do not spam the community with advertisements or self-promotion. Official Octoparse partners may recommend their app or solution in the community or a relevant community discussion where it provides a solution to the customer's question, however, you must be explicit about whether it is free or paid. Promotions of solutions that are not from official Octoparse partners will be removed and posters will be directed to information on how to become an Octoparse partner.
- Do not write Community Tips or other posts with the purpose of promoting or soliciting users for your app or integration. Official Octoparse partners may answer questions about their app, or write a tip that explains how to use it, but the post should be assistive in tone and language.
- Do not solicit community members for their personal or contact information for any reason.
- Do not advise other community members to contact Octoparse Support unless they are posting about a bug or billing issue;
- Do not post or link to content that disparages Octoparse, its vendors, partners, or affiliates.
- For your own safety, do not post your contact information or email address in the community. This is a publicly visible forum. If you need users to be able to reach you, please direct them to a Google or other form to fill out to provide their information.
- Do not utilize or interact with the community in any way that violates the Octoparse Terms of Service or Octoparse Community Brief House Rules.
- Do not provide inaccurate answers to questions; if you don't know the answer, it's better not to comment.
Post is closed for comments.