Sometimes the data we want to scrape are displayed in a pop-up after clicking a button, and most of the time, these pop-ups are loading with AJAX. Unlike opening a new tab, we'll need to set up the steps to close the pop-up in the workflow. To help you understand it more clearly, here we'll use this URL to walk you through the process of scraping a pop-up:
- Input the page URL on the home page and click Start
- Click on Impressum on the webpage
- Choose Click URL on the Tips panel to display the pop-up
You'll see a Click Item action is generated in the workflow automatically. The pop-up shown is exactly what we need.
- Select the proper AJAX timeout in the settings for the Click Item and click Apply
- Select the data we want to scrape from the pop-up one by one
- Click on the "X" icon, and choose Click URL on the Tips panel.
- Set up the AJAX timeout