TikTok is now a super hot video-focused social networking application that hosts a variety of short-form user videos, from genres like pranks, stunts, tricks, jokes, dance, and entertainment.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to scrape the trending video information from TikTok in only 3 steps with the Octoparse auto-detection feature.
The URL below is the TikTok trending video link that we will be using as an example. We will show you the steps to extract the Background music, Author URL, Author Id, Author Name, Likes, Comments for example.
Sample URL: https://www.tiktok.com/foryou
Here are the steps in this tutorial: [Download the demo task here]
- "Go to Web Page" - to open the target website
- Auto-detect web page data - create a workflow
- Run your task - get data you want
1. "Go to Web Page" - to open the target website
- Create your task by inputting the URL in the search box on the homepage
- Click the Start button nearby to move on
2. Auto-detect web page data - to create a workflow
- Click Auto-detect web page data and wait for it to complete
We need to check the data selected with the auto-detection.
- Go to Data preview to see if you're okay with the current data output
- Delete unnecessary data fields directly by clicking the delete icon
- Modify the data field names by double-clicking the headers
- Click Edit under the Add a page scroll to set up to scroll to the bottom of the page, scroll 20 times and wait for 1s for every scroll (you can set up more repeats if you want to get more videos)
- Confirm the settings
- Click Create workflow
3. Run your task - to get data you want
- Click Save, and click Run on the upper right side
- Select Run on your device to run the task on your computer, or select Run in the Cloud to run the task in the Cloud (for premium users only)
Here is the sample data.
If you have further issues with the task or have a suggestion that would make this a better resource for you, we’d love to hear about it. Submit a request here.