CAPTCHA is a very common anti-scraping technique applied by many websites. Although Octoparse cannot deal with it automatically, there are 2 workarounds to this issue that we will teach you today:
1. Resolve Captcha manually under browse mode in local extraction
- Switch on Browse mode from the top right corner - resolve the Captcha just like you would do in a normal browser - switch off Browse mode to continue to bulid your task
2. Save cookies to avoid encountering Captcha
After solving the captcha in Browse mode, you can also save the current page cookies to reduce the chance of it appearing again.
- Click on Go to Web Page
- Go to Options in the Settings section and tick Use cookie
3. Resolve captcha manually for local extraction
If the captcha shows right after the local run starts, you can try this workaround.
- Go to the browser, click Pause directly
- Manually solve the captcha in the extraction window
- Go on the run by clicking the Resume button in the top left corner of the extraction window