In this tutorial. We are going to show you how to scrape product images URLs from Amazon.
To follow through, you might want to use the URL in this tutorial:
This tutorial will also cover:
- Customize the data field using RegEx tool (Optional)
Here are the main steps in this tutorial: [Download task file here]
- "Go To Web Page" - open the targeted web page
- Create a pagination loop - scrape data from multiple listing pages
- Create a "Loop Item" - loop click into each product page on every listing page
- Extract data – extract the image URLs
- Customize the data field- get a normal size image (Optional)
- Save and start extraction - to get all the URLs of the desired images
- Click "+Task" to start a new task with Advanced Mode
- Paste the URL into the"Website"box and click "Save URL" to move on
2) Create a pagination loop - scrape data from multiple listing pages
- Scroll down and click the "Next Page" button
- Click "Loop click next page" on the "Action Tips" panel
3) Create a "Loop Item" - loop click into each product page on every listing page
We are now on the second page. When creating a "Loop Item", we should always start with the first item on the first page. Thus, we'd better go back to the first page.
- Click "Go To Web Page" in the workflow.
- Select the pagination loop in the workflow
By doing this, we can help Octoparse decide the execution order and generate the Loop Item at the appropriate position in the workflow.
When you create a list of items to scrape a website, sometimes the list may include several "Ads" items. To exclude the promotion products in this case, we can start building the "Loop Item" from the 2nd row of the products on this page.
- Click the title of the first item on the 2nd row
- Click "Select All" on the "Action Tips" panel
Octoparse will automatically identify other product links on the current page. The selected links will be highlighted in green while others will be highlighted in red.
- Click "Loop click each element" to create a "Loop Item"
Octoparse will click through each link captured in the "Loop Item", and open the product detail page.
4) Extract data - extract image URLs
- Click on one of the images
- Select the "IMG" tag on the bottom of the "Action Tips" panel
When you select an IMG element, the selected tag would be "IMG". Normally there’s no need to modify, as Octoparse automatically identifies tags of selected items. But for this case, we need to revise the tag on the bottom of "Action Tips".
- Click "Extract the URL of the selected image"
Then, we can repeat the above steps to get other images URLs.
If we need all the images extracted in a cell, we can use RegExp Tool to pick up all the Image URLs from its HTML. Please check out the details from down below:
Pick up image URL with RegExp Tool.
5) Customize the data field – get a normal size image (Optional)
The image URL we just extracted is the URL of a thumbnail image. Thus, if we want to get a normal size image, we need to reformat its URL with Regexp Tool.
- Click"customize data field"
- Select"Refine extracted data", click "Add step" and then select"Replace"
- Enter what's between "._" and "_." into the "Replace" Box. Here will be "SS40"
- Click "OK" to save the result
If you want to learn Octoparse RegExp Tool in detail, please refer to the following tutorials:
6) Save and start extraction - get all the URLs of the desired images
- Click "Save"
- Click "Start Extraction"
- Select "Local Extraction" to start execution.
With above steps, we can only extract the Image URLs. If we need to download all the images form the extracted URLs, we could refer to How to download images from a list of URLs?
Here is the sample output.
Was this article helpful? Contact us any time if you need our help!
Artículo en español: Scraping datos detalles del productos para Mercadolivre
También puede leer artículos de web scraping en el website oficial